Thursday, March 11, 2010

Between a Rock and a Hard Science


I am heading out to do some real science, some real and fun science. For the next 3 weeks, I will be out and about on the granite rocks of south central Madagascar. My wife and her fellow scientists will collecting and study the amazing endemic plants that grow only these amazing rock outcroppings. I will tagging along with my climbing gear to help collect the hard-to-reach plants on the steep bits.

Since we will be traveling to different locations every few days, I may not be able to post or respond to your comments normally. Please be patient and the blog will be back to normal in a few weeks when we get back.

Then you can learn all about the tremendously cool plants we find.

2 comments:

Littlebrook Kids said...

Dear Mad Science readers,

I teach with Mr. Lebo at Littlebrook.

While he is out exploring south central Madagascar for the next few weeks, feel free to stop by Littlebrook to talk to me or to email me at ted_holsten@monet.prs.k12.nj.us if you would like to make a donation to help the kids Mr. Lebo works with at Akany Avoko. I have all the information and the address for donations.

Ted Holsten
Littlebrook

Unknown said...

HI. I IS ANNABELLE AND U MUST REMEMBER ME BY HOW ANNOYING I WAS. TODAY WAS THE 5TH GRADE'S MOVING ON SARAMONY. I JUST WISH U WERE THERE TO SEE US. I REALLY MISS U AND SO DOES THE WHOLE FIFTH GRADE. I KNOW THAT IT MAKES NO SENSE WHATSOEVER THAT IM TELLING THIS TO U THRU A COMMENT BUT THATS THE ONLY WAY THAT I COULD EVER CONTACT U. I MISS U! ALOT! O AND BTW I HAS A FACEBOOK ACCOUNT SO IF U WANT TO EVER REPLY TO THIS RANDOM "COMMENT" WITHOUT THE OTHER PEOPLE LOOKING AT IT, JUST EMAIL ME TRU FACEBOOK.
...omg i diden't even realize that i was typeing all in caps till now.... oh! bye!